Order now
common documents that require an apostille | one source process

Common Documents That Require an Apostille

Whether you are getting married in Italy, working in Bermuda, or studying abroad in Spain… you must provide specific documents to enter the country. And those documents must have an apostille. It could be your birth certificate, passport, or marriage certificate. In this article, we will list some common documents that require an apostille and explain why they are needed.

What is an Apostille?

When a country requires you to provide a document before entering their country, they also want to ensure it is authentic and not forgery. The Hague Convention of 1961 simplified the process by creating a standardized method of validating a document for international use.

If your destination country is a member of this convention, your papers require an apostille to accompany them. For non-member countries, the paperwork must receive embassy legalization. But don’t worry, we can help with both.

Common Documents That Require an Apostille

Some documents are requested more often than others. In personal and business situations, you will most likely be asked for one or several of these:

Personal Documents

  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage license
  • Death certificate
  • Passport
  • Affidavit of Marriage
  • School diploma or transcripts

Business Documents

  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Contracts and agreements
  • Employment letter from HR
  • FDA compliance certificate

Legal Documents

  • Power of Attorney
  • Court Documents

There are many reasons you may need several of these documents. If you are getting married in Bermuda, you must bring a certified copy or original birth certificate, passport, and affidavit of marriage stating you are not currently married to someone else. Don’t forget that each document must have its own apostille attached.

And if your uncle passed away and left you his house in France, you will need to prove your identity with a birth certificate and passport. And if he were living in the United States, you would need a copy of your uncle’s death certificate. 

If your company sends you to Bolivia to work, you may need to apostille your passport. And if you are driving a car, you must also apostille your driver’s license.

As you can see, there are many times when you will need to apostille documents for traveling abroad. Each document requires its own apostille or embassy legalization – and that’s where we can help.

Let One Source Process Obtain the Apostille or Embassy Legalization

We have worked with every state and just about every country to obtain apostilles and embassy legalizations. We know what department to contact and what paperwork to file.

You don’t have to figure this out on your own.

Our ordering process is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3.

  1. Fill out the Order Form here. Tell us your destination country and what documents need authorization.
  2. Upload all documents. We will review your paperwork for FREE to ensure there is no missing or wrong information.
  3. Once everything is ready, we will send you a payable invoice with a timeline for completion.

We will do the hard work of contacting the correct start or federal offices to acquire the apostille. We will also work with the proper embassy if your destination country requires embassy legalization. Please Contact Us if you have questions. We are available 7 days a week to help.

Let’s get started today!

Feb 7, 2024 / by Brandon Yoshimura

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *