Order now

Getting a Chinese Visa as an Airplane Crew Member

You have recently ‘landed’ (get it??) a job as an airline crew member, and one destination you will be flying to is China. But before you can guide passengers to this ancient land, you must obtain a Chinese Visa as an Airplane Crew Member.

China is one of many countries that require all visitors to obtain a visa before entering the country. A visa is a permit issued by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate that allows you to travel to the country. You must apply for the correct visa dependent on your reason for the visit. Since you are arriving while working as an airplane crew member, you will apply for this type of visa (as opposed to a tourist visa). Applying for the wrong type of visa will automatically cause your application to be rejected. Click here for China embassy legalization.

The Chinese Visa Application Process

There are several steps to the application process, as mentioned above; submitting the correct type of application is the first step. The list below shows some items to be aware of:

  • Your passport must have at least 6 months remaining before it expires
  • You must have at least 3 open pages to be stamped (not counting the last 3 pages used for amendments and endorsements)
  • You will submit the original passport AND a copy of the identity page
  • If you are a previous Chinese citizen, you must submit your original Chinese passport AND a copy of the information page
  • You need a copy of your crew badge
  • You must show your Crew ID document to certify proof of employment as a crew member
  • Never use staples to attach documents, only paper clips
  • All applications must be completed electronically

Please note that this is NOT an all-inclusive list of requirements. You can visit our webpage for more information.

The entire application must be free of errors, and each box must be filled-in precisely as needed. Missing one piece of information or documentation is reason for the application to be rejected, causing you time and lost work.

Once you have completed the application, you must submit it to the correct Embassy or Consulate. The Chinese Embassy is located in Washington, D.C., and 5 Consulates are located across the United States. Where you apply depends on your state of residence. For example, you would submit your application to the Consulate in Los Angeles, California if your state of residence is Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, or the Pacific Islands.

Introducing One Source Process

At One Source Process, we thank you for your work at keeping us safe during our travels. Let us help with your Chinese visa application process; we know all the requirements and which Consulates to work with.

Please feel free to Contact Us here to answer any questions you may have about obtaining a Chinese visa. Otherwise, once you are ready to begin the process, simply fill out the Order Form.  We will handle it from here by accurately applying for and quickly obtaining your visa with no worries or stress on your part.

Jul 19, 2019 / by Brandon Yoshimura

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *