Order now

Apostille Professional License

When working abroad, you will usually need to apostille your professional license or certification. This can cover instances such as:

  • Teaching license
  • SCUBA certification
  • Hospitality certification
  • Nursing License
  • Any other professional license or certificate

Most countries will require you to apostille or legalize your certification or license, and we can help you with this.

An apostille is an agreed-upon authentication used between countries that are members of the Hague Convention of 1961. It is a process in which the Secretary of State or the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C. must verify the document is either an original or a true copy.

For countries that are not members of the Hague Convention of 1961, another step of authentication with the Embassy or Consulate is required.

How to Apostille Professional Licenses

There are 3 (sometimes 4) steps to authenticate your professional license or certification:

  1. Obtain your original or certified copy of the license or certification
  2. Notarize the license or certification
  3. Apply for the apostille through the Secretary of State of the issuing state (if you received your teaching license in Minnesota, then it must be apostilled in Minnesota)
    • If your license or certification is a federal license, then you must obtain the apostille through the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C.
  4. If your destination country is not a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, you must submit the document and the apostille to the Embassy or Consulate for legalization

All of these steps must happen in the correct order to avoid the apostille request being rejected. As you can see, this can be a tricky and time-consuming process.

Don’t worry, there is an easier way…

Working with One Source Process

At One Source Process, we know exactly which documents need to be submitted through the state and which are to be processed through the federal government. We also know if the license must be submitted to the Embassy or Consulate for legalization.

There is no need to become overwhelmed and make mistakes (extending the time frame of the authentication) when we can help you.

We know you will more than likely need to request an apostille for other documents as well; such as your driver’s license, diploma, or FBI background check… we can help you with all of these (and any others you may have).

Our process is simple:

  • Fill out the Order Form here
  • Mail us the original or certified copy of the license or certificate

That’s it!

We will work with the right agencies from the beginning and quickly obtain the apostille or legalization. We take the stress and guesswork out of the apostille process.

Plus… we can have your documents professionally translated.

All of this in one place.

Please Contact Us if you have any questions, we are here 7 days a week and look forward to working with you.

Mar 6, 2020 / by Brandon Yoshimura

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *