A Certificate for Sale (or sometimes called a Certificate for Export, or Certificate to Foreign Governments) is a business document that states that a particular product is marketed in the United States or is eligible for export. It also confirms that the manufacturer does not have any unresolved enforcement actions against them by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The Certificate pertains to goods such as cosmetics, food items, biologics, or medical devices and is legally sold or distributed freely without restriction. The certificate states that all items are approved by the regulatory authorities in the United States.

When requesting the Certificate of Free Sale, the application must:

  • Include the words “Products are manufactured and freely sold in the USA.”
  • Be on the letterhead of the company requesting the certificate
  • Contain the names of each of the products being certified


*Understand this is not a complete list of requirements. Please contact your state government or a shipping company for a complete application.

Once you have the Certificate of Free Sale, you may need to apply for an apostille to go along with it, and this is where we come in.


Apostille Certificate of Free Sale


An apostille authenticates the signatures and seals of the document and is recognized by countries that are members of the Hague Convention of 1961. This means that once apostilled, your destination country will accept the Certificate of Free Sale as a true copy of the original.

If the destination country is not a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, you will need to take extra steps and work with the Embassy or Consulate to have the Certificate legalized.

The steps needed to obtain an apostille are:

  • You must first have the original or certified copy of the Certificate of Free Sale
  • Submit the apostille application and Certificate to the Secretary of State in which the business is located
  • If the receiving country is not a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, you will submit the Certificate as well as the apostille to the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. and then to the Embassy or Consulate to legalize the documents
  • If the receiving country requires it, you may also need to have all documents translated into the correct language


Or you can simply work with us


Working with One Source Process


At One Source Process, we have worked with all states and most countries to quickly obtain the apostille Certificate of Free Sale. You do not need to be working with even more government agencies.

Just fill out our Order Form here and mail us the original or certified copy of the Certificate of Free Sale.

That’s it! We will work with the correct agencies to obtain your apostille. We also offer professional translation services if you so require it.

We are here 7 days a week and will assign you a representative to work with during this process. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or are ready to acquire your apostille.

Talk to us