Washington Apostille Service
COVID-19 Update: All federal documents, including FBI reports for use in Hague countries will take 1-2 weeks to process at the State Department. For Non-Hague countries, it will take roughly 12 weeks.
4-14 business days*
1-2 weeks or 8-12 weeks**
1-3 business days*
**1-2 weeks for Hague Countries and 8-12 weeks for Non-Hague countries
Washington Apostille Service
When you need to apostille a document for traveling abroad, you can either work on your own to obtain one, or work with us and let us handle the red tape for you.
An apostille is the certification of the signatures and seals on a document. Papers can either be apostilled or legalized, depending on your destination country.
Countries that are members of the Hague Convention of 1961 established a uniform acceptance of authenticity called an apostille. All non-member countries must have documents authenticated through the embassy or consulate.
But don’t worry if you are unsure if your papers are required to be apostilled or legalized; we have worked with the officials in Washington state and just about every country – we can properly authenticate your documents.
Obtaining Your Washington State Apostille
At One Source Process, we specialize in the apostille or embassy legalization of your documents – including personal and business papers. From birth certificates to company bylaws, we will have them properly apostilled and quickly returned to you.
While we are centrally located in Washington, DC, to offer you a smooth apostille process, we work with all states and countries to ensure efficient and professional service.
Our customer service will exceed your expectations; we guarantee it. We are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction.
Understanding the Authentication Process
The first step of authenticating a document is to determine if your documents need state authentication or if you must work with the federal offices to receive the apostille or legalization.
Examples of State Documents:
- Birth and death certificates
- School records
- Business hiring records
Examples of Federal Documents:
- FBI background check
- Social Security benefits letter
Once you know which document you’re working with, you can contact the correct offices.
- For state documents, you must contact the Secretary of State
- For federal documents, you must contact the US Department of State in Washington, DC
- If the destination country is not a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, you must also work with the embassy or consulate to authenticate the paperwork.
It can be confusing to obtain an apostille or embassy legalization. But when working with us, authenticating your paperwork is easy. If you are unsure what you need, please contact us, and we can point you in the right direction.
Documents We Apostille in the USA
- Marriage certificates
- Death certificates
- Birth certificates
- Divorce decrees
- Single status affidavits
- Power of attorney
- Car titles
- Adoption dossier
- FBI records
- Criminal history reports
- Any notarized document
- Certificates of good standing
- Certificates of incorporation
- Certificates of origin
- Power of attorney
- Hiring documents
- Company invoices
- Other business documents
- High school
- College diplomas
- Report cards
- Other various school records
We Make it Simple
We all know that dealing with governmental agencies can cause more stress than is necessary. But not for us; we know exactly what office to contact and who to work with. And we made our apostille process simple.
- To begin, just fill out our Order Form This is where you tell us what documents require authentication and for what country.
- Next, send us your original documents (or certified copies). You can upload these to us, or you may have to mail us the original paperwork.
- We will review all documents for FREE and let you know of any errors or missing information. These errors can be fixed before the application is sent.
We will take it from here. We will work with the correct offices of authentications, including state and federal offices and the Embassy or Consulate if needed.
You don’t have to try to obtain the Washington apostille or legalization on your own; let us help. We have worked with just about every country and can quickly get your apostille or embassy legalization.
We Offer More
There is more to authenticating your paperwork than simply obtaining the apostille. And we offer you much more. We go several steps beyond the basic apostille service companies and help make sure you have everything you need for your destination country.
We also offer:
- Free review of paperwork – because even the slightest mistake can cause your apostille application to be delayed or rejected.
- Apostille services – If your destination country is a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, we will obtain the apostille for your documents.
- Legalization services – if your destination country is NOT a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, we will work with the embassy to authenticate your paperwork.
- Certified translation services – Many countries require all documents and the attached apostille to be translated into their official language. We can do this as soon as we receive the apostille, saving you the time and headache of searching for a translating service.
- Expedited services – We know that situations arise at the last minute. When you need it, we can expedite your apostille or legalization process.
- Dedicated agents – Once your order is placed, you will be assigned a dedicated agent. This way, you can call and talk to only one person about the status of your documents. We won’t transfer you from representative to representative like some other companies do.
- 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction – Our Washington apostille process is simple, stress-free, and will exceed your expectations. We guarantee it. We are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction and will hand your documents with great care to ensure their safe return to you.
- and more…
Let’s Get Started
If you are in Washington and need to apostille a document, don’t hesitate to contact us. Working with us is easy, and we are here to answer any questions you have before and during the process.
You can message us 7 days a week or call us during the times listed below. We are happy to help and look forward to working with you.
At One Source Process, our Washington apostille process is simple and stress-free. Please contact us anytime.
Monday-Friday 9am – 6pm EST
Saturday – Sunday 9am – 4pm EST
at our toll-free number 1-800-668-5448
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from real clients
I highly recommend One Source Process for all of your document legalization needs. I will recommend them to my colleagues, friends, and incoming employees for overseas employment. They tackled two complex problems for me with ease. They communicated well and addressed all my concerns in a prompt manner through email and phone calls. If you ever need document legalization services, call no one else, I won’t.
We have used a few different process servers and no one has provided the level of customer service that One Source Process has. They are very reliable and they communicate every step of the way. Alex and Brandon have been a huge help and they always take their time to understand our needs. We look forward to working with One Source Process for a long time
Professional and efficient - Having not been through the Apostille Service previously, we were guided and taught what we were doing by extremely professional and courteous individuals. We couldn't be more pleased at the efficiency and the speed at which they were able to get the job done. The final product was accepted by the bank and the beneficiaries of the estate received their funds, everyone was happy. Thank you, One Source Process, Inc.
Common questions about Apostille and Legalization
An “apostille” is a form of authentication issued to documents for use in countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961. An Apostille is issued as an attachment and will validate the authenticity of your document to the foreign entity you are required to present your document to. One Source Process offers standard and expedited apostille and legalization services.
We are capable of obtaining an apostille on documents such as birth certificates, FBI reports, transcripts, marriage certificates, death certificates, FBI background reports, social security letters, company bylaws, powers of attorney agreements, trademarks, diplomas, transcripts, treaties, warrants, extraditions, agreements, certificates of good standing and much more!
Yes! We can apostille a scanned copy of any personal, business, or U.S. State-issued document including vital records such as birth, death, and marriage certificates. It takes minutes to submit a request with us online here. Just upload a clear, color scan of the document you’d like to have authenticated and we’ll ship back the copy to any domestic or international address with an original apostille attachment. Copies of vital records will receive a New York apostille and all other document copies receive a District of Columbia apostille. Please note that this method, while widely accepted in most cases, does have limitations depending on the authority you’re presenting it to and country of use. One Source Process will always advise our apostille services clients of these restrictions when we review your request but does not guarantee that they will be accepted. If you want more information regarding our photocopy Apostille process, please visit our page here.
Once your documents have been reviewed and payment is received you are only eligible to receive a refund prior to your documents being submitted to the Secretary or Department of State. This does not include the cost of any used shipping labels. Any cancellations made after payment is submitted incur a 10% fee of the invoice amount.
Or ask your question
Or ask your question
Please inquire with our office for any special requests such as our stake-out service for those avoiding service. Assisting attorney, corporate, and pro se clients alike! Speak with one of our process service company experts today!