There are certain steps and a specific process for obtaining an apostille. You must know why you need the apostille, if it’s a state or federal document, and if you need an apostille or embassy legalization. But don’t worry, we will help you with all your questions.


What is an Apostille?


An apostille is attached to your paperwork and verifies the document’s authenticity. The Hague Convention of 1961 ensured that all member countries would recognize an apostille as a form of authentication. If you need your paperwork to be formally identified, and the country is a member of the Hague Convention of 1961, it will accept the apostille. If the country is not a member, you must have your document legalized by that country’s embassy.

An apostille authenticates the seals and signatures to confirm the original document or that the copy is a true copy.


State or Federal Document?


Understanding if you have a state or federal document will help determine where to send your apostille application. For state documents, all applications are sent to the Secretary of State. For federal documents, all applications are sent to the US Department of State in Washington, DC.

Examples of state documents are:

  • Driver’s license
  • Birth certificate
  • Certificate of marriage
  • Divorce decree
  • School transcripts
  • Vehicle title

Examples of federal documents are:

  • FBI background check
  • Federal tax documents
  • Social Security Documents

Now that you know where to send the application, let’s look at the apostille process.


Working with One Source Process


At One Source Process, we will work with you and your destination country to ensure you receive the correct apostille or legalization. Whether you are getting married in Malaysia (need legalization) or starting a new job in Spain (need an apostille), we will help you.

We understand the rules and red tape of each country. We know what they expect and will always review your order before submitting it. This helps avoid delays and extra fees when obtaining your apostille or legalization.

Not all countries accept your apostille or embassy legalization in the English language. Many want the documents translated into their national language. No problem, we can do that for you too. We can have your papers and the apostille professionally translated into the needed language.

We can do it all for you.


Let’s Get Started


Working with One Source Process is easy. To get started, simply fill out the Order Form here. Just tell us what you need and upload all required documents. We will review your order for FREE and let you know of any discrepancies or missing information. Once everything is in order, we will let you know the price and time frame for receiving your apostille or legalization.

When you’re ready, you will pay the fee, and we will begin working with the state or federal offices and your destination country.

Please Contact Us here if you have any questions or concerns about the process or your order.

We look forward to working with you.

Talk to us