When getting married abroad, there are several forms that you will be required to have. One of those forms is the Single Status Affidavit. The affidavit confirms that you are not currently married and are free to do so.


Where to Get a Single Status Affidavit


You can find many needed documents at your local county office; they may even offer to send you a form letter… but DO NOT accept it. Other countries will not apostille a form letter.

A single status affidavit is your statement, taken under oath or notarized, that you attest that you are who you claim to be and that you are free to marry legally. Your statement must include the following information.

  • Fully printed name
  • A statement that you are legally free to marry
  • Your signature (in front of a notary)
  • Date signed
  • Notarized

You can write your own statement, or we have included one here for you to use.

Besides the single status affidavit, your destination country may require other documents before you can get married.


Documents Needed to Get Married Abroad


Because each country has its own laws regarding getting married, we suggest you contact the country’s embassy for exact rules. They may delay your wedding due to the oversight of missing some minor paperwork, and you don’t want that.

You will need to apostille the single status affidavit and the required documents as well.

Here are some standard documents that each country may ask you to have before you can get married:

  • Driver’s license
  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Divorce decree (if previously married)
  • Spouse’s death certificate (if widowed)

This is not a complete list. Again, we suggest you contact the country’s embassy for specific documents needed. 


Working with One Source Process


Once you have the required documents, let One Source Process obtain the apostille for each one. We have worked with just about every country and can have the documents quickly apostilled or legalized. We know how to work around the red tape, ensuring your documents are ready before leaving the United States.

If English is not the official language of your destination country; you may need each document translated. Don’t worry; we can do that for you.

Simply fill out the Order Form here, and upload all required documents. We’ll take it from here. We will review all your papers for FREE and let you know of any missing or incorrect information. Once everything is ready, we will give you a price quote and timeframe for completion.

We will assign your order to one agent. This person will submit your documents to the correct US Department or country Embassy. Having a single agent work your order helps to make sure that it will not be lost in the bureaucratic shuffle. This also ensures it will be either apostilled or legalized quickly.

Please Contact Us here if you have any questions or concerns. We are available 7 days a week to answer your inquiries.

Talk to us